Friday, July 14, 2006

More random stuff

An interesting birding blog that I ran across.

Pics click, to enlarge.

A "before and after" imagining of the bass project. Good old MS paint.

Papier mache bass sculpture, styrofoam form. Bingorage studio, Broken Vulture Art, Fort Frances, Northwestern Ontario.


Papier mache bass sculpture, styrofoam form. Bingorage studio, Broken Vulture Art, Fort Frances, Northwestern Ontario.


--------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to see how these antlers would look on this mask, so I needed some way to stabilise the rack. I used modeling clay to hold them in place for a moment, but they were far too heavy. I eventually sawed off the handle on my snow shovel and screwed the rack onto that, so I could paper the mask on.

The antlers are really big and heavy; slightly atypical and asymmetrical.
I'm surprised that a hunter would have tossed these out, but I found them at the town dump. Dad and I were in the metal section, getting rid of some junk from the shed.

They were a little banged-up, but they went straight into the pickup as soon as I saw them.


Papier mache and antler sculpture. Bingorage studio, Broken Vulture Art, Fort Frances, Northwestern Ontario.

Papier mache and antler sculpture. Bingorage studio, Broken Vulture Art, Fort Frances, Northwestern Ontario.



My ten thousand "page-views" rollover.
ten thousand page views rollover screen shot


My photo-hoster, Zoto.com had been upgrading or backing up their servers, and not all pics were available; looks like everything's back up.





2 comments:

Jade L Blackwater said...

Hey, whaddayaknow, your site does render better with FireFox! ;)

Bass is coming along nicely. Is it really riding the deathbike, or is that just the perspective? I love the little MS Paint embellishments.

By the by, those antlers were a great save!!

Hoka-shay-honaqut said...

Yay Firefox.
A fish needs a bicycle like a woman needs a man.