Saturday, September 10, 2005

A couple of slide scans from the Minneapolis days.

Mukwa grandfather, on stonehenge paper
This first slide is of a piece called Mukwa, Grandfather. Or, at least I think it is. This is from an early show at the Two Rivers Gallery, maybe around 1996?

I gotta check my facts... nah, that can wait. The original look of the piece is beyond the capability of a slide scan to reproduce (on my tech budget), but the scan itself has some merit as an object. The original was acrylic on a very large piece of Stonehenge paper; about 3' x 4.5'.

Yeah, so I'm a Mutant. Acrylic painting on paper
The second piece is a slide scan of a painting called Yeah; So I'm a Mutant..
This piece was/is in the possession of the photographer, Ms. Dallinger. If you know who you are, or who she is, get her to email me.

Anyways,it was the first painting that i finished, after moving into my first "studio space" in Minneapolis, in the basement of the no-longer-there Second Story Books (run by Gwen on Cedar Avenue.) Just a stone's throw from The Palm Club.

It is pretty dark, but click on it to get a larger, more detailed pic.




Tags:
,
,
,
,
,
,



No comments: