Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Miss Loontrout, etcetera - Process

clay mould for papier mache

papier mache on clay mould


putting papier mache piece on canvas



attaching paint and antlers to papier mache piece, on canvas

acrylic painting




acrylic painting


acrylic painting
I had posted a small collage of the process of this piece a while back, but I wanted to make a posting with more detail. The piece started as a modelling clay model for a mask (of which two papier-mache copies were eventually made).

At the same time I had a canvas that hadn't been assigned to any project: I had incorporated papier mache and canvas before, but no paper pieces this big and I've been looking forward to experimenting more with it.

Mixing various media with the canvas and painting is a path that I'm continuing to explore.



This is a bad pic of the current state of affairs. I'll repost a better pic, when available. In this pic, the whole thing looks like it has shifted to Blue. It hasn't. Man, I hope that this new dig. cam starts to impress me, because all it's done so far is p*ss me off. It's such a battery hog that a cheap pair of batteries won't last two minutes in it. grrr


Tags:
,
,
,
,
,




No comments: