Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thingies-in-progress

Pics click to enlarge.

I started this sun-motif bead embroidery in December, but hadn't touched it since February.
I picked it up yesterday and made some progress.
It feels good to move things off the backburner, doesn't it?

Bead embroidery; sun motif portrait. Broken Vulture Art, Fort Frances, Northwestern Ontario.



One of my customers at the Clover Valley Farmers Market asked me to do a piece for his daughter, a couple months ago. I agreed, but admitted that the piece wouldn't be first priority until the FFCBC bass was finished and displayed.
The clay base for the relief was rendered on one of my worktables... and then buried under styrofoam offcuts, ripped paper-bag scraps and other flotsam.

I finally dusted it off and put a new, complete layer of papier-mache on it, last night.

It will probably need another layer before I put it to paint.

Broken Vulture Art, Fort Frances, Northwestern Ontario.

Broken Vulture Art, Fort Frances, Northwestern Ontario.


Waiting for the train.






No comments: